In October of last year an electrical problem sparked a blaze at the Hebrew Congregation of Woodmont, located in Milford, that caused extensive damage to the temple. "On July 21, 1995, the synagogue was officially listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the National Park Service. The building was nominated for this designation because of its Colonial revival design, the fact that it hasn't been modified, and also because it was used for most of its life as a seasonal temple."
The historical building, prayer books, shalls, and other various items dating back to 1926 were all destroyed in this devastasting fire. Immediately following the cleanup process, the goal of rebuilding the Temple in the same location was created and the overwhelming support from neighbors, organizations, and other synagogues poured in to help out in anyway possible.